Note: This document is only available in English, as it's the official language of commerce for our clients and in the regions we operate. Any translated copies are not valid.
1. Definitions. Whenever used in this Agreement, the following terms will have the following specified meanings:
"Account" refers to the Customer's account whereby Customer registers for and accesses the Talentegy Service.
"Brand Features" means any trade names, trademarks, servicemarks, logos, domain names, or other distinctive items that represent Customer or Talentegy, respectively.
"Customer Data" means anonymous, aggregated data concerning the characteristics and activities of visitors to the Customers’ website(s) collected by the SmartAlert Tag, forwarded to the Servers, and analyzed by the Processing Software. The parties agree and understand that Customer intends to use the Service in a way that only anonymous information is collected from website visitors, so that no information collected can be used to identify individual website visitors (referred to as “PII”).
"Documentation" means any documentation for use with the Processing Software, including that which is available online or otherwise.
"Enterprise" refers to a plan level of features and services when a Free Trial account is created.
"Free Trial" means an Enterprise Account which includes limited features/functionality, provided at no cost for a thirty (30) day period to collect Customer Data.
"Paid Plan" refers to an Account which has been annually licensed by the Customer via contract and has converted from a Free Trial version.
“Tracked Domain” refers to a domain (URL) to which the SmartAlert Tag is deployed to collect Customer Data inside an Account TalentSpace. This can be deployed across a multitude of various systems and digital technology platforms that the Customer owns, controls, has licensed or operates.
"Talentegy" means the company Talentegy and its products and services, incorporated in Dover, Delaware.
"Page View" is a unit of measurement for usage of the Service. A Page View occurs each time the SmartAlert Tag is executed on a web page accessed by a visitor.
"Processing Software" means the proprietary Talentegy server software, together with any fixes, updates, and upgrades, which process, analyze, and store the Customer Data.
"Proprietary Rights" means, without limitation, any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, design, database right, business name, domain name, layout, design or other intellectual property or Proprietary Right, whether registered or not and whether registerable or not, as may exist anywhere in the world.
"Recorded Session" or "Session" is a unit of measurement which consists of a plurality of Page Views during a single browsing session on the Website. A session is started when a user arrives on the Website and navigates to a page which has the SmartAlert Tag on it, continuing until terminated due to (a) one (1) hour of inactivity, (b) the session reaching a threshold of 100 Page Views, (c) the user closing their browser window or clearing their cookies, or (d) the user navigating to a page with does not have the SmartAlert Tag on it and, afterwards, never navigating to any other page(s) which has/have the SmartAlert Tag on it.
“TalentSpace” refers to the virtual container that connects a set of Tracked Domains together via the SmartAlert Tag to collect Customer Data.
"Report" means the analysis derived from Customer Data and made available through the Account. The charts, graphs, and statistics contained in a Report vary based on the type of Account and Plan.
"Servers" means the technological infrastructure controlled by Talentegy (or its subsidiaries) upon which the Processing Software operates and the Customer Data is stored.
"Service" means the facilities to analyze or parse Customer Data, including Recorded Sessions, from a Website owned, controlled, or operated by Customer. "Software" means the SmartAlert Tag and Processing Software.
"Subscription" means the specific features, pricing, and attributes agreed upon by Customer and Talentegy for the provision of the Software or Service or set forth in a separate contract.
"Term" has the meaning set forth in the Section labeled "Term and Termination" of this Agreement.
"Free Trial Plan" refers to a restricted Account which includes limited features/functionality, provided at no cost for a period of thirty (30) days to collect Customer Data.
"Website" means a collection of one or more web pages that Customer owns, controls, or operates.
2. General. Customer engages Talentegy to provide the Service that uses Software to process, analyze, and store Customer Data on behalf of Customer.
3. Trial. Customer may sign up for a Free Trial for a period of thirty (30) days. Once the Free Trial period ends, the Account will transition to a Paid Plan via an annual contract or be discontinued. Talentegy reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify a Free Trial Plan for any or no reason and at any time.
4. Billing. For a Paid Plan, which is billed annually, a Customer can be invoiced monthly or annually for the Talentegy license along with any other add on services and products. When a Customer is invoiced, invoices will be sent to the Customer on contract signature via electronic mail and must be paid within thirty (30) days of receipt. A late fee will be charged at a rate of one percent (1%) per month on undisputed overdue amounts. If payments on undisputed amounts are not received within thirty (30) days, Talentegy reserves the right to suspend access to the Service. If payments on undisputed amounts are not received within sixty (60) days, Talentegy reserves the right to disable the SmartAlert Tag and Account and/or permanently delete the Customer Data.
5. Term and Termination. The Agreement will take effect on the date the Account is created and will continue in full force and effect until terminated. This Agreement will apply to the Software and Services provided on or after the Effective Date, and if Talentegy agrees to provide the Software and Services after the end of the Term, this Agreement shall apply to such Software and Services. Without prejudice to any other rights, Talentegy may terminate Customer's Subscription and the licenses contained herein (a) for any or no reason and at any time or (b) if Customer fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. For a Free Trial Plan, Customer may terminate the Account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. For a Paid Plan, a Customer may terminate an Order Form or Master Agreement (contract) without prejudice to enforcement of any other legal right or remedy, immediately upon giving written notice of such termination if Talentegy breaches any material provision of such Order Form, including any provision of Master Agreement in relation to such Order Form and such breach continues for a period of thirty (30) days after delivery of a written notice by Customer requiring Talentegy to correct such failure. In the event of termination, (a) Customer shall not be entitled to any refund(s) or credit(s), (b) any outstanding balance for Service rendered through the date of termination will be immediately due and payable in full, and (c) Customer Data will no longer be available to Customer through the Software and Service; however, Customer may retain copies of the Customer Data and Reports. If Customer fails to remove the SmartAlert Tag from Customer's Website(s) after three (3) business days, Talentegy may alter the SmartAlert Tag tracking code to include an alert box stating that Customer's Subscription has been terminated.
8. Account and Security. Customer is responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of login credentials issued by Talentegy and for any use or misuse of the Service resulting from unauthorized access. Customer agrees to notify Talentegy immediately in the event of a security breach or unauthorized access to the Account or Service. Talentegy may, from time to time, login to Customer's Account to make improvements or troubleshoot technical issues. Customer hereby consents to such access.
9. Nonexclusive License. Talentegy hereby grants Customer a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonsublicensable license to install, copy, and use the SmartAlert Tag on one or more web pages that Customer owns and controls (collectively, the "Website") as necessary to use the Service. Customer may access, view, and download Customer Data and Reports at www.talentegy.com (or any other such URL that Talentegy may provide from time to time), and may share such Customer Data and Reports with its employees, contractors, agents (e.g. accountants, attorneys, public relations, advertising and marketing agencies, and the like) and customers. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, Customer will not nor will Customer allow any third party to (i) copy, modify, adapt, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Software or the Documentation; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software, except as expressly permitted by the law in effect in the jurisdiction in which Customer is located; (iii) rent, lease, sell, assign or otherwise transfer rights in or to the SmartAlert Tag, the Account, the Software, the Documentation, or the Service; (iv) remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software or placed by the Service; or (v) use, post, transmit or introduce any device, software, or routine which interferes or attempts to interfere with the operation of the Service or the Software. Customer will use the Account, Software and Service solely for its internal use, and will not make the Account, Software or Service available for access by other parties, application service providers, or service bureaus, except that Customer may grant access to its employees and contractors. Customer will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in Customer's use of and access to the Account, Documentation, Reports, Service, and Software.
10. Confidentiality. "Confidential Information" includes any proprietary data or other information disclosed by one party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other (“Recipient”) in writing and marked "confidential" or disclosed orally and, within five (5) business days, reduced to writing and marked "confidential". Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information will not include any information that: (a) is or becomes public knowledge other than as a result of a breach of this Agreement or other obligation of confidentiality; (b) the Recipient can show was in its unrestricted possession, known to it before the date of this Agreement or independently developed by it before being disclosed under this Agreement; (c) is disclosed or made available to the Recipient by a third party other than in breach of this Agreement or other obligation of confidentiality; or (d) is disclosed by the Recipient with the prior written permission of the Disclosing Party. Neither party will use or disclose the other party's Confidential Information without the other's prior written consent except for the purpose of performing its obligations under this Agreement or if required by law enforcement personnel, regulation, court order, or administrative agency, in which case, the Recipient must give the Disclosing Party as much notice as is reasonably practicable (and permitted by law) prior to disclosing such information. Upon termination of Customer's Subscription, the parties will promptly either return or destroy all Confidential Information and, upon request, provide written certification of such.
11. Information Rights and Publicity. Except as permitted herein, Talentegy will not share information associated with Customer or Customer's Website(s) with any third parties unless Talentegy (i) has Customer's prior written consent; (ii) concludes that disclosure is required by law or has a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Talentegy, its users, or the public; or (iii) provides such information in certain limited circumstances to third parties to carry out tasks on Talentegy's behalf (e.g. billing, data storage, or support) with strict restrictions intended to prevent the data from being used or shared except as directed by Talentegy.
12. Warranty and Indemnification. Talentegy warrants that: (i) each of its employees has the proper skill, training and background necessary to accomplish their assigned tasks; (ii) all Services will be performed in a competent and professional manner, by qualified personnel; and (iii) neither the Software, any deliverables, information, or materials, nor the performance of Services by Talentegy infringe or violate the rights of any third party. Customer will indemnify, defend and hold Talentegy harmless for all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise out of or in connection with Customer's use of the Software or Services, termination, or failure to comply with this Agreement. Talentegy will indemnify, defend and hold Customer harmless for all claims, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise out of or in connection with: (i) Talentegy's failure to comply with this Agreement, and (ii) any claims that Customer's installation, copy or use of the Software and/or use of the Services constitutes infringement of third party intellectual property rights. Subject to the applicable statute of limitations, the indemnity set forth in this Section 12 will continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding this Agreement's expiration or termination.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties. The information and services included in or available through the Service, including the Reports, may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Talentegy may make improvements and/or changes to the Account, Service or Software at any time, with or without notice. Talentegy does not represent or warrant that the Account, Service, or Software will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Service, Software, or Server is free of viruses or other harmful components. Talentegy does not warrant or represent that the use of the Service or the Reports will be correct, accurate, timely or otherwise reliable. Customer specifically agrees that Talentegy and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of the Customer Data or data from Customer's Website(s). EXCEPT FOR WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS CONTAINED IN SECTION 12 TITLED "WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION," THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, CLAIMS OR REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY TALENTEGY AND/OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE, THE DOCUMENTATION OR REPORTS, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NOR ARE THERE ANY WARRANTIES CREATED BY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR TRADE USAGE. TALENTEGY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE, THE SOFTWARE OR REPORTS WILL MEET CUSTOMER'S NEEDS OR BE FREE FROM ERRORS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT AND FORMED THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICE CHARGED FOR THE SERVICE.
14. Limitation on Liability. EXCEPT FOR THE PARTIES' RESPECTIVE INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS CONTAINED IN SECTION 12 TITLED "WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION" ABOVE WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES, NO PARTY OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND/OR AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES SHALL BE CUMULATIVELY LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR (A) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE IN EXCESS OF $250, OR (B) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICE), OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR ACTION BASED ON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY AND/OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IN SOME INSTANCES, AND TO THAT EXTENT, SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS DO NOT APPLY.
15. Proprietary Rights. The Service, which includes, but is not limited to, the Account and Software, together with all intellectual property rights is, and shall remain, the property of Talentegy (and its subsidiaries). All rights not expressly granted to Customer in this Agreement are hereby exclusively reserved and retained by Talentegy and its licensors without restriction, including, without limitation, Talentegy's (and its subsidiaries') right to sole ownership of the Software and Documentation. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Customer agrees not to (and to not allow any Third Party to): (a) sublicense, distribute, or use the Service or the Software outside of the scope of the License granted herein; (b) copy, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Software or Service or otherwise attempt to discover any source code or trade secrets related to the Software of Service; (c) use the trade names, trademarks, servicemarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive Brand Features or any copyright or other Proprietary Rights associated with the Software or the Service for any purpose without the express written consent of Talentegy; (d) register, attempt to register, or assist anyone else in creating or registering trade name, trademark, servicemark, logo, domain name or other distinctive Brand Feature, copyright, or other proprietary right associated with Talentegy (or its subsidiaries) ; or (e) remove, obscure, or alter any notice of copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right appearing in or on any item included with the Software or the Service.
16. Other Provisions.
a. Applicable Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Delaware without regard to the conflicts of laws or principles thereof. Each party agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Delaware.
b. Notice. Any notice or other communication required or permitted under this Agreement shall be given in writing and delivered by hand or Certified Mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested.
c. Nonwaiver. Any failure by a party to insist upon or enforce strict performance by the other party of any of the provisions of this Agreement, or to exercise any right or remedy under this Agreement, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of any right to assert or rely upon any such provision, right, or remedy in that or any other instance.
d. Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in any number of counterparts or addendums, and each such counterpart or addendum will be deemed to be an original instrument, but all such counterparts together will constitute one agreement. The parties acknowledge that executed copies of this Agreement sent by facsimile or other reliable form of electronic reproduction will be equivalent to original documents.
e. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all prior agreements and representations between the parties.
f. Modifications. Talentegy reserves the right to change or modify the Service or this Agreement at any time and with or without notice Customer is responsible for regularly reviewing and being aware of such changes.
g. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under any statute or rule of law, such provision shall be reformed to the extent necessary to make it enforceable to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
h. Headings. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section or in any way affect this Agreement.
i. Assignment. Customer may not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights hereunder without prior written consent from a duly authorized representative of Talentegy; any such attempt is void. Except Customer may transfer this Agreement to an affiliated company or in the case of a merger or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or ownership.
j. Survival. Sections 5, 7, 10, 12-16 shall survive termination of Customer's subscription.
k. Force Majeure. Talentegy shall be excused from performance hereunder to the extent that performance is prevented, delayed, or obstructed by causes beyond its reasonable control.
l. Independent Contractors. The relationship between Talentegy and Customer is not one of partnership, but independent contractors.